Monday 26 September 2011

Spotlight on eskimosoup's Marketing Assistant


eskimosoup offers many services: from graphic design and website construction to social media and exciting campaigns, we use the tools best suited to what you need. Our office works as four teams, one of these being the Marketing Team. This is made up of four fellas and one dedicated girl called Becky Duncan, our Marketing Assistant.

Sneaky eskimosoup reporter Rich Sutherland, who sometimes steals Becky’s Post-it notes when she isn’t looking, caught up with her to see what her role involves.


RS: Becky, can you tell us how you got to be where you are today? (Not in that specific chair, I mean at eskimosoup.)

BD: I left school and went to sixth form for a month, then I studied hairdressing for six months, worked full-time for six months, went to college to study Creative and Media, left college, started an apprenticeship with Hull Business Training Centre and got employed by eskimosoup in March 2010. I qualified in both Level 2 and 3 in Business Admin while here and once completed was employed as the Marketing Assistant.

RS: Sounds like it’s been a busy few years. So what are you working on at the moment?

BD: Right now I’m organising the St Stephen’s Student Lock-in on Tuesday 4th October, which is a big event exclusively for students in the area with loads of special offers, competitions and entertainment. There’ll be all kinds of fantastic things like a Capital FM DJ, a Red Bull stand, stilt walkers and even an RC racecar track!

RS: Those lucky students! You’ll be telling me there’s a free beans on toast promotion next!

BD: Yep.

RS: Awww…

BD: I’m also working on the Hull BID Dine Week, which takes place from 21st until 30th October, NHS Leeds Let’s Change, Hugh Rice Jewellers and other St Stephen’s promotions, so it’s really varied.

RS: It’s probably hard to choose but do you have an all-time favourite project?

BD: I don’t have a favourite as there have been parts of many projects that I’ve really enjoyed, but I have worked at a lot of fun and interesting events, particularly for St Stephen’s and the Hull Comedy Festival. I’m really excited about the Student Lock-in and can’t wait to see how it turns out.

RS: And what do you get up to when you’re outside the eskimosoup office?

BD: I love live music and have seen a mix of people from The Sex Pistols to Enrique Iglesias to Prince. And I’m going to see Mark Knopfler and Bob Dylan next month!

RS: “Like a rolling st—”

BD: Stop that.

RS: Kay.

BD: I’m also obsessed with shoes! I probably own over 50 pairs. At one point I was buying a new pair each week, and yet I still wear the same pair every day. I’ve calmed down a lot now though. I also like baking and decorating cupcakes.

RS: (See below.)

BD: What?

RS: Nothing, just talking to our readers.

BD: Oh. That’s a bit weird.

RS: Thanks for being this week's Team Spotlight, Becky. I'll let you get back to your Student Lock-in.

BD: No problem... Hey, where have my Post-it notes gone?


Next week’s Team Spotlight will be on John Gilbert, eskimosoup Marketing Director and comedy master.


No comments:

Post a Comment