[caption id="attachment_700" align="alignright" width="170" caption="Evelyn Krasner and Phillip Lofas from NHS Hull launch the new Peter's Story DVD."][/caption]
- To raise awareness around Men’s mental health, primarily in all Hull postcodes
- To create innovative partnerships with organisations and individuals who are in the mental health remit
- Over 5,000 DVDs to be distributed through a variety of channels (i.e. MIND Positive Assets)
- Produce an exclusive DVD media launch
Peter’s Story is a DVD based around men’s mental health and the biggest obstacle was to get men to talk about the taboo subject. The DVD produced by the NHS was a tool to get the target demographic to talk about the subject and seek assistance if needed.
The distribution of the DVD was a key objective, as well as raising awareness around the topic. The key was to research into all key bodies and organisations who are involved in the mental health remit and form alliances to assist ion promoting Peter’s story to a wider audience.
The approach was to ‘piggy-back’ any events or major meetings that would give Peter’s Story great exposure and allow. For example any local conferences that could provide an opportunity to show Peter’s Story,
- The DVD created a large media interest. The media launch premier was a great success, which saw BBC Radio Humberside, BBC Look North and a large space in the Hull Daily Mail.
- The DVD created a lot of constructive discussions around men’s mental health.
- The DVD encouraged line managers, HR managers to take the DVD and distribute around their team (commercial business).
- The DVD was incorporated into many public sector organisation’s agendas and was utilised to distribute to clients they were treating.
- Peter’s Story was rolled out nationally after being recognised by the Director of mental health first aid training.